PB 0110 x MONO Brown
PB 0110 x MONO Brown
The idea for the project was born in the dark days of the pandemic in January 2021 during a phone call between Munich-based designer and artist Ayzit Bostan and Philipp Bree. They talked about the longing for the scent of spring and ended up with the idea to design a sustainable version of a picnic cutlery and a matching case.
Philipp Bree approached the brand Mono. A manufacturer that has been producing cutlery since 1895 and founded the Mono brand in 1959 and is now run by the fifth generation of the Seibel family.
The cutlery design Mono Clip by Peter Raacke, which dates back to the 1970s but was only produced until the early 1980s, matched the idea. Characteristic of the design is its rounded, wide shape and supple recessed handles made of 1.25 mm thick stainless steel. The knife has a high-quality serrated edge and works its way effortlessly through bread crusts. Mono Clip is represented in various collections, such as the Dresden State Art Collections, the Cooper Hewitt Design Museum, New York and the Denver Art Museum.
The case is functionally adapted to the shape of Mono Clip, emotionally bowing to the moment of eating together in the open air. Made from a vegetable-tanned leather from Belgium, in a tannery that has known how to produce high-quality leather for more than 150 years, and handmade in a family-run manufactory in the Czech Republic.
- Wrap-around leather case with covered buttons.
- Made of vegetable tanned leather, from a tannery in Belgium that has been in existence for more than 170 years and has been awarded the Bronze Standard Certificate of the "Leather Working Group".
- Napkin half linen canvas binding - Warp: 100% combed twisted cotton. Weft: pure linen wet spun. Both EU origin, boil and chlorine safe, 230 g/m2, made up in Germany.
- Mono clip consisting of knife, fork and spoon
- Made of 1.25 mm thick stainless steel
- case and napkin designed by Ayzit Bostan (AB), 2021, Handmade in Czech Republic
- Cutlery designed by Peter Raacke, 1972, Handmade in Germany
- 28 x 5 x 22,2 cm
- 84 g